Short Insect Macro Shooting Session

9 Comments
Olympus Malaysia has been incredibly busy lately with consumer activities, following up all the new product announcements at Photokina in September. Therefore almost all the weekends I have had were occupied with Touch & Try events, photography workshops or photowalks around KL, Penang and Johor.

However, as busy as I have been I tried my best to squeeze a bit of time for personal shutter therapy session. I figured I have not done any insect macro shooting, so I thought why not do a quick one while I was in Johor last weekend. All images were taken with Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II and M.Zuiko 60mm F2.8 Macro lens, with FL-50R flash. For my full macro shooting technique, I have shared my methodology here (click). 









Unfortuately the location I was shooting, Hutan Bandar, was undergoing some construction work (upgrading underground drainage), hence causing much disturbance to the whole park. Consequently I could not find many insects or spiders to shoot. I did however find a few and that was sufficient to scratch the itch I have had to do some insect macro.


9 comments:

  1. nice images.
    however, are the images cropped ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The square images were obviously cropped (native was 4/3 ratio). Other than those, no crops

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photograph of the dragonflys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. Those are actually damselflies.

      Delete
  3. Great macros as usual Robin! The first one really stands out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some nice macro work with great lighting, and beautiful colors. Ya gotta love the bugs, especially when they hold still long enough for a nice shot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hitting refresh button now...
    You know why :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete